With Elon Musk being very visible about the acquisition of Twitter over the last several weeks, it is easy to overlook one of his lesser-known innovations: the Tesla Powerwall.
The Emergence of Solar Storage Solutions
Solar panels have been an option for alternative energy for years to decrease electricity expenses and reduce carbon emissions. Still, it has always suffered from one major setback: when the sun goes down, so does your energy independence. The resolution to this issue is solar storage solutions. Channeling the solar energy into backup batteries during the day allows you to power your home or business during the night or unexpected outages.
Back in 2013, Tesla constructed Giga Nevada, a facility dedicated to producing lithium-ion batteries for their electric cars. In 2015, they began applying this technology to a home energy storage system, the Powerwall.
Factors That Make the Tesla Powerwall Stand Out
Tesla has been a leader in the production and improvement of solar storage solutions beginning with the battery storage solutions they innovated for the Tesla line of electric vehicles. Many of these innovations were also applicable to the home alternative energy markets. Here are a few of the factors that make the Tesla Powerwall stand out from other solar battery storage options for home energy storage:
- Superior Battery Quality – Because of the reputation of the Tesla brand, a lot of research and development dollars have been invested in improving the efficiency, safety, and capacity of batteries developed for the Tesla line of electric vehicles. This investment carries over to the Powerwall line of home solar storage solutions.
- One Price Fits All – Some solar storage solutions are sold and installed piece-meal. One price for the batteries, other fees for software and infrastructure to support the solution. The Tesla Powerwall includes the software, battery management cooling systems, and even a battery inverter at one price.
- Self Sufficiency – The Tesla Powerwall allows the homeowner to power the home most, if not all, of the time enabling almost total energy independence.
- Current Tax Credit Incentives for New Solar Installations – The Federal and many state governments are offering limited-time tax credits for homeowners who decide to install solar energy systems. This can result in hundreds to thousands of dollars in tax credits to offset your initial installation cost.
- 10-Year Warranty – Very few energy-related household appliances offer a warranty of 10 years or more.
Allow Tri-State Electrical Contractors to Handle Your Solar Storage Installation
At Tri-State Electrical, we have the skill and experience to install Tesla Powerwall solar storage solutions for your home or business. For more information, get a quote for a solar storage installation by giving us a call at (423) 800-2134, fill out our simple online form, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org today.