There are a lot of commercial electrical contractors out there. So how do you choose the best one for your electrical project? Here are a few suggestions:
Who do you know who might have had some commercial electrical work done for them lately? Talk to friends, family members, or local business owners or managers about who they used for the electrical work. Ask them a few questions such as:
- What was the quality of the work done for the project?
- Was it done on time and budget?
- Did they show up at the scheduled time, or were they late?
- Did they clean up after the project was completed?
- Would they use the company again for future commercial electrical work?
- Do they recommend them for your project?
Word-of-mouth is still the best way to find the best commercial electrical contractors. So, use this resource.
Read Online Reviews
If your network can’t help you come up with any good recommendations, then use the next best thing: online reviews. There are several different review sites you can use to get your information about the best commercial electrical contractors:
- Google Reviews – Google Reviews are quickly becoming the best known and most respected source of online business reviews.
- Angi – Formerly known as Angie’s List, Angi provides some of the best-curated business reviews available online, including commercial electrical contractors.
- Yelp – Better known for restaurant and motel reviews, Yelp has been branching out into other business areas.
- Buildzoom is a newcomer to the online review game but focuses specifically on construction businesses. The site has you enter details about your project, work with a dedicated project consultant, and they do the legwork to present you with vetted and qualified contractors.
Best Practices for Using Online Reviews
When using online reviews within your decision-making process, try to use a couple of different sources for the reviews. Read all of them. Pay special attention to the one- and two-star reviews. How many are there? If there are only one or two, and it is a small percentage of the total number of reviews you might be able to write them off as disgruntled customers or former employees. But if there are several low reviews and a pattern emerges, then steer clear of that commercial electrical contractor. Some of these sites also allow the contractor to respond to positive and negative reviews, so take a look at those as well. Does the contractor handle the complaint professionally or seem combative and assign blame?
Get a Free Project Estimate
Once you’ve selected a commercial electrical contractor, many of them provide free estimates, so have them take a look at your project and give you a quote. Pay close attention to them throughout the process. Are they prompt and courteous? Do they answer your questions to your satisfaction? Do they seem easy to work with? At this point, you should know which commercial electrical contractor you want to hire.
Tri-State Electrical Contractors Provide Best-in-Class Commercial Electrical Services in the Southeastern US
Tri-State Electrical Contractors understands what modern commercial companies need in the ever-changing, complex, world. We provide superior commercial electrical services including generator installations, high-voltage wiring for equipment, and much more. We can handle any commercial or industrial electrical work you need to be completed quickly and competently. For more information, give us a call at (423) 800-2134, fill out our simple online form, or email us at email@example.com today.